Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hour
ABOVE AVERAGE YOGA 200HR YOGA TEACHING TRAINING FALL 2021
Why we stand out!1. A collective of instructors: Above Average Yoga has partnered with some of the best teachers in the local market to bring you a well rounded, experience. This will allow you to form your own thoughts and opinions around several philosophical topics as well as getting the best teachings from people that specialize in their field.
2. Learn to teach yoga to a wide range of body types and abilities. Our background is in working with the general public, the people who are using yoga as a remedy for stress, pain, injuries and to create a better lifestyle. Rather then focusing the acrobatics and what you might see on the cover of a Yoga Magazine we will provide yoga teachings for everybody. While we will spend some time with the fun stuff our focus will be on mobility, strength, stress relief, variations of postures, modern mindfulness, meditation and increasing overall well being.
3. Many perspectives. Because we are operating as a collective teaching unit, unique gifts and talents will be brought forward to you! Al of the teachers will live in different bodies, come from different backgrounds and have taken different training. This brings about a unique experience of well rounded education.
4. Functional Anatomy training. The anatomy training will not be endless lecture. It will be learning about a part of the body and then moving that part of the body. This will allow you to experience the anatomy of your own body and understand how the body actually works. Rather then just reading about it in a text book.
Over the course of our 200 hour training we will cover a variety of topics and information. All of which falls under the requirements set out by the Yoga Alliance as well as offers a unique approach to the modern world of yoga.
Our curriculum will include, but is not limited to:
- Asana (physical postures)
- Kids Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Various meditation techniques and how to teach meditation
- Communication skills required for being a successful yoga teacher
- Teaching Methodology, who to teach, time management etc
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations such as Chair Yoga
- How to sequence classes
- Qualities of a successful yoga teacher
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- Human anatomy and physiology (musculoskeletal system, bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- Energic systems, chakras, koshas, ect
- The study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the 8 limbs of yoga, and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
New Dates Coming SOON
Included in the price of tuition:
• 200 hour training if successfully completed will leave you certified as a RYT200hr through the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is a governing body for yoga throughout the world and it is often what studios look for often when they are hiring.
• Comprehensive manual, designed for you to refer back to again and again.
• Small class size, lots of time for questions and one on one time.
Tuition $2,995.00 plus gst
Tuition can be split into payments. Course must be paid in full by February 1 2021
Deposit is $500 and needs to be paid in full to ensure your spot. All deposits and payments are non refundable.
Optional Tool Kit: Textbooks (which we will be referencing throughout our training), a cylinder bolster, yoga blanket, yoga strap and 2 blocks for $229.00
Please note that these items will need to be brought to most classes. You will also need a yoga mat, we have them available as well for $30-$99 if you need! If you need any of these things individually we can help you to order them as well.
Questions? We would love to chat with you! Contact us at email@example.com or call Trista at 780-999-5808
FAQ's About Yoga Teacher Training
Can I do this training if I don’t want to be at Yoga Teacher?
Yes 1000 times yes! There are many reasons to take a yoga teacher training and becoming a yoga teacher is just one of the many. Some other reasons to take teacher training might be personal growth, deepening your own personal yoga practice, Learning about the body energetic and physical, and so much more!
Do I need to have a regular yoga practice to take this training?
No, not at all. We do hope that during training your personal practice deepens and we will teach you different ways to incorporate Yoga into your every day along the way. We have had people participate in training that I’ve never even done yoga before. This is accessible for absolute beginners!
I have an injury that might prevent me from participating in some of the activities, is this OK?
This is more than OK, it is absolutely perfect. This is how we learn about how to teach yoga to different bodies. Everybody who shows up in the room will have some sort of limitation and we love to work with those limitations to show you how accessible yoga can be to everybody. We have had participants who have used a chair the whole entire time and did absolutely fantastic.
Is now the right time for me to take yoga teacher training?
There is never a right or wrong time to take yoga training, but if your soul is calling you and you’ve made it this far through our questions, it might be the time. Please know that it is a supportive environment and we will help you along your path in anyway that we can.
What if I have to miss one of the weekends?
Although we want to see you in class as often as possible we are recording this entire training due to COVID-19 restrictions, and people not being to attend if they are sick. So if you miss a weekend not to worry you will just have to watch the recording and write a report on what you watched!
When does it start?
October 23, all of the dates are listed on our website
I can’t take Fridays off work, is it OK if I miss the Fridays?
So most people miss that the Fridays are only from 6 PM to 9 PM. If that still doesn’t work for you let us know and we will find a solution.
What is the time commitment outside of the scheduled weekends?
Very little. The homework required outside the weekends will be a personal practice log, and designing your practicum class. We cover absolutely everything else during the in class hours.
Are you registered with Yoga Alliance?
Yes we are, but that does not mean that you have to register with them when you have completed, it is completely optional and can even be done at a later date in your yoga journey.
Do I have to follow a religion or religious practices to be a yoga teacher or to be part of your training?
Not at all, anyone with any type of background can participate in yoga teacher training.
What are you doing to ensure safety during this Time of COVID-19￼￼?
All of our safety protocols are on our website, we are also only accepting 10 people into class to ensure proper social distancing at all times. ￼ We have also just purchased a disinfectant fogging tool that can disinfect a room in a matter of minutes that is completely natural and totally safe. We have also had a UV light installed in our HVAC system for extra safety! ￼
Do you have a payment plan?
Yes, we can work out finances on a case by case basis. Just contact us and I will let you know what we can do.
I’m not really a reader, is there any required reading?
We do have one required textbook that is $25.99. No other reading is required but we do have a reading list if you love to read or listen to audiobooks!
Do I receive a manual?
Yes we have a comprehensive manual with all of the postures and a lot more information that will help you on your path.
How do I sign up?
Contact Trista through firstname.lastname@example.org or simply respond to this email and she can send you more information. Or you can get more information and pay your deposit HERE.
Still not sure? Send Trista a message and you can set up a phone call with her or come to our amazing information session on Saturday, October 3 at 11 AM!