Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hour
ABOVE AVERAGE YOGA 200HR YOGA TEACHING TRAINING Fall 2020
Why we stand out!1. A collective of instructors: Above Average Yoga has partnered with some of the best teachers in the local market to bring you a well rounded, experience. This will allow you to form your own thoughts and opinions around several philosophical topics as well as getting the best teachings from people that specialize in their field.
2. Learn to teach yoga to a wide range of body types and abilities. Our background is in working with the general public, the people who are using yoga as a remedy for stress, pain, injuries and to create a better lifestyle. Rather then focusing the acrobatics and what you might see on the cover of a Yoga Magazine we will provide yoga teachings for everybody. While we will spend some time with the fun stuff our focus will be on mobility, strength, stress relief, variations of postures, modern mindfulness, meditation and increasing overall well being.
3. Many perspectives. Because we are operating as a collective teaching unit, unique gifts and talents will be brought forward to you! Al of the teachers will live in different bodies, come from different backgrounds and have taken different training. This brings about a unique experience of well rounded education.
4. Functional Anatomy training. The anatomy training will not be endless lecture. It will be learning about a part of the body and then moving that part of the body. This will allow you to experience the anatomy of your own body and understand how the body actually works. Rather then just reading about it in a text book.
Over the course of our 200 hour training we will cover a variety of topics and information. All of which falls under the requirements set out by the Yoga Alliance as well as offers a unique approach to the modern world of yoga.
Our curriculum will include, but is not limited to:
- Asana (physical postures)
- Kids Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Various meditation techniques and how to teach meditation
- Communication skills required for being a successful yoga teacher
- Teaching Methodology, who to teach, time management etc
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations such as Chair Yoga
- How to sequence classes
- Qualities of a successful yoga teacher
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- Human anatomy and physiology (musculoskeletal system, bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- Energic systems, chakras, koshas, ect
- The study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the 8 limbs of yoga, and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
2020/2021 Fall 10 Month program September- June
Saturdays and Sundays 9-6pm
Three Friday night sessions 6-9
January 9/10 30/31
Invest in Yourself!
Included in the price of tuition:
• 200 hour training if successfully completed will leave you certified as a RYT200hr through the Yoga Alliance. The Yoga Alliance is a governing body for yoga throughout the world and it is often what studios look for often when they are hiring.
• Comprehensive manual, designed for you to refer back to again and again.
• Small class size, lots of time for questions and one on one time.
Tuition $2,995.00 plus gst
Tuition can be split into payments. Course must be paid in full by February 1 2021
Deposit is $500 and needs to be paid in full to ensure your spot. All deposits and payments are non refundable.
Optional Tool Kit: Textbooks (which we will be referencing throughout our training), a cylinder bolster, yoga blanket, yoga strap and 2 blocks for $229.00
Please note that these items will need to be brought to most classes. You will also need a yoga mat, we have them available as well for $30-$99 if you need! If you need any of these things individually we can help you to order them as well.
Questions? We would love to chat with you! Contact us at email@example.com or call Trista at 780-999-5808